Posted: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 12:10 AM
Starting salary range $47,500 - $57,500
Looking for work/life balance in the information technology sector? Plainfield Park District is seeking an Information Technology Administrator for a newly created position. You will be providing information technology support to 50+ users, 3+ servers, and 35+ workstations by administering, supporting, and troubleshooting District hardware and software.
The District offers an Excellent Benefits Package including Low/No Cost Health Insurance, Employer paid Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, EAP, Wellness Program, Free/Discounted Park District Programs, and participation in the IMRF pension fund. For a full job description and to apply please go to plfdparks.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administers the District’s IT functions and needs, including computers, POS terminals, network infrastructure, audio/visual technologies, access control, surveillance systems, printers/copiers, scanners, faxes, electronic advertising display TVs, printers, time clocks, IPADS, and telephone communication lines/VOIP phone system. • Oversees the day to day IT needs and support to all end-users, including but not limited to resolving work orders, setup of new users and PC’s, regular maintenance, configuration and administration of anti-virus solutions and seasonal opening and closing of facilities. Provide support to software users when it is an information technology related issue.
• Work with staff and outside technical support to evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies, upgrades, replacements, and alternatives for cost effectiveness and best practices, for both software and hardware.
• Establish and maintain procedures and standards to insure the integrity and security of system data and access to data.
• Maintains accurate and updated records of District’s inventory/catalog of all information technology related software and hardware; including software licenses and website address domain renewals. • Research and coordinates purchases and installation of software, hardware, and communication equipment with system upgrades, expansion and changes in operation to meet needs and reduce expenses. • Manage and maintain backup schedule/jobs for all servers including: disk rotations, onsite and off-site storage; assist in disaster recovery process. • Conducts initial training for new staff on system log in, and I.T. support request procedures. • Create IT policies, procedures and guidelines. • Assist with park district special events.
• Works in coordination with all internal departments to reach overall strategic objectives of the District. • Performs all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Park District’s safety program. • Performs any additional related tasks as required.
• Two or Four Year Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related • field from an accredited college of university. • Two years’ experience in computer systems, hardware/software or network support experience or High School Diploma plus four years’ experience in computer systems, hardware/software or network support experience. • Information Technology Certificates desirable. • Experience working in Parks and Recreation or related field is preferred. • Knowledge of PC use, capability, operating systems, related computer equipment, and support. • Ability to identify and analyze user needs, resolve related problems, work cooperatively with users and Managed Services Provider. • Knowledge of LAN/WAN, internet. • Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and project management skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. • Solid decision making ability. • Must have strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. • Strong organizational and project management experience. • May occasionally be called upon to work odd schedules/outside of standard office hours based on needs of position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires sitting (5-8 hrs), standing/walking (4-6hrs). This position experiences occasional bending, twisting, squatting, climbing and reaching movements. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, hubs, switches, routers, telephones, and other office equipment. Defined as Light Medium Work - May require lifting up to 30 pounds and carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Most activities are performed indoors in an office setting. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to normal consistent temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person in this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job, and "other" duties and responsibilities include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties or tasks as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Plainfield Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application and Job description available on-line at plfdparks.org. Candidates may elect to submit their application and resume online or via USPS mail. Attn: Human Resources, 23729 W. Ottawa St, Plainfield, IL 60544. Application deadline is December 1, 2017.
• Location: Grand Rapids, Plainfield Charter Township, MI
• Post ID: 41718487 grandrapids